Buckle up, Christmas is Here
- December 23, 2016
- Tips and Hints
- Comments Off on Buckle up, Christmas is Here
The Festive season will soon be upon us once again and with it the pressure of finding entertaining things to see and do, for those of us with small children at least. For single people and couples, the same pressure to ‘perform’ during the Christmas period may not be present but almost everybody looks forward to getting out of the house at this time of year so our list of Xmas outing suggestions includes something for everybody.
Where to Go and What to Do this Christmas
If you are visiting from overseas, our affordable car hire in Perth will ensure that you can reach all the local attractions quickly and easily. Some of them can be reached by public transport but having access to your own car during your stay will make planning your itinerary much simpler. Bear in mind that many attractions will be closed on Christmas Day itself but should be open for the rest of the holiday period.
- Perth Home Grown Market – If you happen to be here on 18th December, you can catch the very last of the Perth Home Grown markets for 2016, held at Murray Street Mall in the CBD on Sundays. Here you can shop for locally grown and produced gourmet food products that will be sure to add flavour to your festive meal this year, along with a wide range of beautiful homewares, jewellery and works of art, making it the ideal destination if you are short on ideas for Christmas gifts this season.
- Caversham Wildlife Park and Zoo – About 20 kilometres northeast of the city centre, this is a great destination for families with younger children and if you would like to make a really fun day out of it, you can take advantage of our mini bus hire in Perth and team up with another family. Resident attractions include galahs, koala bears, and a variety of exotic snakes.
- Adventure World – Roughly the same distance south of the CBD is Adventure World: a theme park that is home to a $12 million roller coaster, the longest, highest, and steepest water slide in the world, and many other attractions designed to appeal to children of all ages. As an added bonus, if any of your kids are 3 or under, they can get in free of charge.
- Trees Adventure – This adventure park is about an hour and a half south of the city by road so you will definitely need to organise car or minivan hire in Perth if you would like to check it out. It is a great destination for older children and adults, with treetop obstacle courses and zip lines, along with suspended bridges and an airborne skateboard.
As mentioned earlier, larger groups can take advantage of our affordable minibus hire packages to tour the local area together; alternatively, if you do not fancy driving a minibus, you might like to consider our 8 seater car rental Perth packages instead. For prices and details, please call 08 9472 4222 or email at your convenience.